It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of “The X Factor.” I obsess over the pop star wannabees, cheering whenever my favorites do well and booing when I disagree with the audience. I consider myself an official judge, making calls before the actual judges have a chance.

But when the group of judges included Demi Lovato, I felt like I had to intervene. I couldn’t imagine what possibly possessed the producers and was quite perplexed when I heard the news of her arrival. To be truly honest, I was vehemently against it. She seemed like another Disney princess whose records were Auto-Tuned moneymakers, not art. Not to mention that she clearly needs a new makeup artist — yes, these types of things do admittedly anger me.

So, when my roommate came home from the World Series game claiming that Demi’s rendition of the National Anthem was actually really good, I was intrigued. I immediately took to YouTube to watch her sing, and from there watched countless other videos on her numerous fan websites.

I have to admit, I was impressed! The girl has pipes! She sings from her heart and clearly puts everything she has into her craft. Not only that, but her songs come across as relatable. She has written songs about her personal struggles as well as her estranged father.

In my research, I also found she actually earned her role in the Disney Channel Original Movie “Camp Rock.” Her audition blew away producers and it wasn’t long before she landed her own show, “Sonny with a Chance.”

And while I previously found it difficult to believe that a celebrity could ever be truly bullied as she often announces, reading about her quickly proved me wrong. She has been through her share of bullies, bulimia, self-mutilation and overall low self-esteem. Being young in Hollywood can be difficult and I’m impressed she had the guts to check herself into rehab, and even more impressed that she made it out alive.

Unlike so many other young stars who seem to have gone off the deep end for good, Demi has clearly made a comeback, and a quick one at that. She recently completed her summer tour for her album — Unbroken— and is working on her fourth album, with the first single to be released in December. She’s also the new spokeswoman for Secret’s anti-bullying “Mean Stinks” campaign and continues to work with PACER and its “Teens Against Bullying” efforts.

What impressed me most, however, was her genuinely sweet and likeable nature. She’s clearly so sincere and before I knew it, I was thinking that I could actually see myself becoming friends her. It only took one day to change her from throw-away judge on “The X Factor,” to the girl who truly cares about her contestants. I can admit when I’m wrong, and I definitely pre-judged Demi. Next time I watch “The X Factor,” I may just cheer her on a little as well.