Big K.R.I.T.’s latest single, “Drinkers Club” featuring Juicy J, A$AP Ferg and Rittz, is exactly what you might imagine it would be. The track starts off with samples of bottles being popped and what the listener can only imagine as overflowing glassware, a sample which continues in the background with a crisp vibrancy throughout the record.

“Drinkers Club [Feat. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg]”

B
Big K.R.I.T.
Def Jam Recordings

Immediately following this imagined club scene is Big K.R.I.T on the chorus, casually welcoming listeners “to the drinkers club,” which smoothly transitions into his verse. Continuing to keep things relatively slow, Big K.R.I.T.’s verse is nothing special, with lines about hoes at his door and rims spinning on his whip.

Juicy J’s voice is instantly recognizable on the song’s second verse. Juicy J keeps true to himself, rapping about the lean in his cup and the shawty that wants to engage in coitus with him. I swear there are at least a couple recycled lines. The verse might be nothing new for Juicy J, but it fits well into the slow, Southern style track.

Rittz provides the standout verse on the record, with an aggressive, fast flow that gets your head bumping to the beat. Talk of crushed up Xanax bars and shots of liquor straight out of the bottle ensue, with some clever lines about being far too turnt to be a designated driver for some fine ladies thrown in the mix.

A$AP Ferg closes out the song with a recognizable, sing-song verse that is essentially a lyrical cat-call. At the closing of the song, I was surprised that it was a whole four minutes long: it felt more like two. The verses themselves all felt a little brief, which might be the result of having relatively little substance. Regardless, however, it is still a smooth, pleasurable song to listen.