I sat down with a blank piece of paper and a black Sharpie last month, determined to curate a list of adventures I needed to have before graduating in May. It included the expected — a trip to Maize and Blue Delicatessen, Washtenaw Dairy ice cream, breaking into the Big House — as well as the creative: a “Karaoke Krawl” that involved four nights in a row of karaoke at four different bars and a wobbly rendition of “No Diggity” by Blackstreet.

With one month left in my college career, I’ve started crossing off those adventures. Sunday brunch at aut BAR in Kerrytown? Check. Tea at Crazy Wisdom Bookstore and Tea Room? Done. But as I’ve started striking a line through each item on the list hanging on the light blue wall in my room, I’ve realized something: I think I made the wrong bucket list. I should have made a “bucket list” of people.

What I’ve learned to hold most precious in Ann Arbor and at the University is the people and community around me. After four years at this University, I’ve found my place, my friends and a support system that’s there for me at the drop of a text with a sad-faced cat Emoji. It’s the idea of losing that chance to run into a friend at the Union or at Backroom Pizza early Sunday morning that scares me the most.

And it’s the fear of the “We should get together soon” finally having an expiration date that makes my bucket list seem all wrong. The phrase that often accompanies my run-ins with an old friend from freshman year in the Diag now comes with an awkward pause afterward as I realize “soon” is slowly winding away — “soon” we’ll no longer be able to just meet at Espresso Royale to catch up over coffee.

That’s why I want to make a list of people, not ranked in the “Top 8” style of Myspace but rather gathered together on one piece of paper to remind me of the conversations and interactions I still need to have before I leave this place. I want to talk with my friend in Computer Science about what really happens at a Hackathon, my classmate in the Public Policy school about how he plans to revitalize Detroit after he graduates, my professor on what makes her passionate about studying the media.

The adventures on my current bucket list serve more as a vehicle of bringing people together, but why not focus on what I want itself? I want to be with people, to talk to them and learn from them one last time in the way that I have learned or wanted to learn in the past four years. I want to take in more of the words that helped me grow from the nervous girl who pushed a big blue bin overflowing with clothes into a small room in Mosher-Jordan Residence Hall to the girl I am today — still slightly nervous about what happens next, but excited and confident I can handle whatever the “real world” entails.

I find myself not wanting a minute alone this last month. I want to soak in the people and the ideas that surround me at all times. And it doesn’t matter the activity, whether the adventure is something on my original bucket list or just a conversation with my roommates over wine and Magic Mike. To me, the real “bucket list” isn’t what I do with my last month in college, it’s who I do it with.

When I leave for the West Coast in May, sure, I’m going to crave the #73 “Tarb’s Tenacious Tenure” from Zingerman’s and a craft brew from Mash, but I’m going to long for the people more: a diverse group of thoughts, perspectives and ideas that scatter across the country and the world at the mere throw of a graduation cap.

So I’m putting them all on my “bucket list” for one more moment together in Ann Arbor, not out of fear it will be the last, but to appreciate what I will really miss most.

Haley Goldberg is an LSA senior.