“He has the voice of an angel,” says Phil as the hauntingly beautiful falsetto captures the pathos of the funeral service. Of course, the voice belongs to none other than Alan in all his bearded glory.

“Hangover Part III”

B
Warner Brothers

Yes, the wolf pack is back for one last go, and one thing is for certain: This “Hangover” sequel promises to be different from the previous one.

Phil, Stu and Alan begrudgingly return to Vegas to face their rioting, tiger-stealing demons once and for all — and that’s about all the reliable information the trailer gives. The following minute and a half can only be described as indescribable. Someone gets shot, a man in a pig mask chases the gang in a shot reminiscent of “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas” and an emo Melissa McCarthy (“Bridesmaids”) shares a lollipop with Alan. Let your imagination run wild trying to piece all that together.

Director Todd Phillips has stated that this sequel is Alan’s story, and the trailer certainly gives that impression with Galifianakis appearing more than the other leads. But that’s all we can get from the trailer: impressions. We don’t really know anything about “The Hangover part III,” or even if there’s a hangover involved in the first place. But if you think about it, what’s the fun in knowing?