In the midst of an extremely busy week, I’ve turned to Marian Hill for solace. After recently being introduced to the Philadelphian electronic pop duo, the seven songs they currently have on Spotify have kept me company as I walk to class and struggle through what should be an illegal amount of homework. It’s amazing what a good saxophone solo can do for the soul.

Since the pair has not been introduced to Wikipedia yet, I’ve had to glean what little information I have from their Facebook page, which has just under 14,000 likes. Jeremy Lloyd and Samantha Gongol first came in contact with each other at a middle school talent show where Lloyd heard Gongol sing for the first time. After drifting apart, the pair reunited in Lloyd’s bedroom studio many years later and formed Marian Hill. Lloyd and Gongol’s first EP, Play, was released in early 2014 and contained five songs, each of which use different aspects of electronic pop and sultry lyrics to create a sound unique to Marian Hill.

Their more recent releases, “Lips” and “Got It,” continue the development of carefully constructed beats and overlaying harmonies introduced in Play, but the minimalist lyrical style leaves plenty of room for variations in rhythm. In today’s Top 40, I struggle with finding new and interesting lyrics — there are only so many times I can listen to a sad song about a one night stand or an anthem about partying on a weeknight. I understand these ideas are recycled due to their relevance to the audience, but isn’t there anything more interesting to write about than the club going up on a Tuesday? Why not make it a Wednesday and shake things up a little?

I am not asserting that Marian Hill isn’t a newfound lyrical genius that writes about every aspect of the human experience. My fantasies of new and untouched topics are a pipe dream because, let’s face it, nearly every emotion under the sun has been sung, played or rapped. Lloyd and Gongol simply take these same ideas that many other songwriters use — love, commitment, heartbreak — and simplify them down to their very bones, combining raw emotions with haunting vocals and interesting blends of classic instruments and electronic pulses. The point isn’t that they magically come up with new topics to sing about; the point is that they sing about these common topics with a new spin that many pop icons often lack. Though I am not a fan of pure electronic music, I appreciate their more synthetic tracks simply because of the individuality coursing through each piece. Even the popular saxophone solo finds a place in “Got It,” yet still retains its own contemporary twist.

Marian Hill may never become a household name, but I wouldn’t write them off just yet. As I’ve written this, their Facebook page gleaned another 1,000 likes and their next EP is set to release on Feb. 17. While Marian Hill is still in its early stages of development, I look forward to seeing what the duo has in store and eagerly await the day they have their own Wikipedia page.