The typical sequins and party dresses appeared in J.Crew’s 2015 ready-to-wear collection, alongside the less expected tailored onesies and wide leg trousers that also came down the runway during Tuesday’s show. The J.Crew collection is only sold at select stores around the country, so what’s shown at Fashion Week is not necessarily what you may see at your typical mall.

For the autumn/winter show, though, womenswear designer Tom Mora created voluminous wool trousers and multi-colored feather minis for a line that differs from the traditionally preppy collections in the past. However, the clothes are better fit for creative director Jenna Lyons rather than an overachieving college student.

Bright yellows and blush pinks showed up in random pops of fur and luxurious turtlenecks. Geometric designs and stripes in navy and white complemented structured groutfit. Even the denim and sequins were revamped into maxi skirts and unconventional blazers. The coats and jackets were the highlight of the show, ranging from dramatic furs to patterned double-breasted classics.

Of course, navy sweaters over button-down dresses were spread throughout and a clean camel coat also popped up. But even the classic pumps and sandals featured cheetah print or eye-popping yellow tassels.

The collection was not a total standout, but the deliberate choice to include dramatic silhouettes and unexpected colors was an important move for J.Crew. The classic turtleneck has never looked so cool.