“What went through my mind when I fell down?” Jennifer Lawrence, recent Academy Award-winner for Best Actress, isn’t afraid to be honest. “A bad word that I can’t say that starts with ‘F.’ ”

Though her fall and Oscar-worthy recovery have been a hot topic these past few days, J-Law has been rocking the chill, no-fucks-given attitude a long time before her run in with the stairs.

As the second-youngest recipient of an Academy Award for Best Actress, a question was posed to Lawrence at the post-Oscars press interviews:

“Do you think you’ve peaked too early?”

J-Law fearlessly held her own, answering that she hadn’t even worried about it, and now she’s bound to, earning laughs from the crowd. This is the reason people want to be her best friend — she’s the type of girl you’d want to roadtrip with, have at your party to crack jokes and laugh at stupid things with. And though the question is clumsy, it’s the way Lawrence handled it that makes her relatable: She’s honest in a way many famous people aren’t.

Celebrities are mostly broken into two categories: Those that are poised, humbled by their successes and keep their personal life and thoughts private, and those that are anti-fame, critical of the mainstream success and feel awkward on the red carpet. And while it’s always fun to watch someone bash on the glamour and glitz of Hollywood, it’s a lot more interesting to see someone genuinely working through the details of stardom.

As an actress, Lawrence started out on TBS “The Bill Engvall Show,” for which she received a Young Artist Award. She went on to guest star in various TV shows and star in independently acclaimed films until her role as Ree Dolly in “Winter’s Bone.” Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress, J-Law went on to star in “X-Men: First Class,” “The Hunger Games” and “Silver Linings Playbook,” among others.

As someone with years of living experience, I can guarantee you there are days all I want to do is sit around, watch bad TV and eat. And I’d prefer to do it pants-less. And I’m pretty sure J-Law would be down for the same kind of day; she’s an actress because that’s her career of choice, and so far, it doesn’t seem to be hindering her ability to be herself in interviews, press conferences and movie premieres. She’s just J-Law, rocking out, every day.

And while 22 is quite young to receive an Academy Award, it’s not underserved. While it’s true some actors and actresses get by on reputation and persona, J-Law is a solid performer that also happens to like eating McDonald’s. A lot.

Ultimately, my obsession with her stems from her realness; I don’t find her fake, phony, rehearsed or produced. I believe her when she says in order to get ready for a premiere she ate French fries and laid in bed until three. I laughed when she talked about being followed by paparazzi only to realize she wasn’t. I watch her interviews and understand why she makes funny faces because there’s no way I’d be able to sit and answer questions for hours on end without some kind of entertainment. She’s not refined, but she’s real. And that’s cool, I dig it. It’s endearing to hear her talk about how nervous and fan-girl she gets when talking to famous actors and actresses. She’s living out her life any 20-year-old girl would if she was thrust into fame.

When asked about her down-to-earth personality at the world premiere of “The Hunger Games,” J-Law responded with, “I’m just dumb and blurt everything out! It’s not — that’s not what it is at all. Everybody tries to think it’s a positive thing but it’s not. It’s not.”

And even though it might not be on purpose, it’s pretty awesome to hear someone talking about how excited they are to sleep rather than jump right into another movie.