I’m always impressed by “Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.” The writing, acting and execution are consistently amazing, and this week’s episode didn’t disappoint. “Agent Provocateur” had one of the most artistic beginnings the show has seen in a long time, which is impressive seeing as part of it involved an unconscious girl being stuffed unceremoniously into a suitcase and left in an alleyway.

“Law & Order: SVU”

A-
Season 16 Episode 11
NBC
Wednesdays at 9 p.m.

The episode draws attention to the increasingly blurred lines of communication on social media, in this case between 15 year old Madison Baker (Madison Grace, “Nova Road”) and the object of her obsession, sleazy Hollywood star Scott Russo (Shiloh Fernandez, “Red Riding Hood”). They apparently spend a night together that Madison says she doesn’t remember — but it’s unclear whether this is because of the drugs and alcohol in her system, or something else. Russo is in the city promoting his new movie — ironically about being framed for a crime he didn’t commit — with a colleague, who is later revealed to be Madison’s seducer. The episode is a whirlwind of he-said, she-said, edited video footage and purposely leaked information to disreputable news source LMZ. During the episode’s final moments, Benson catches a brief knowing look shared between the Franco-esque star and another cute young girl, and her realization that it might have all been planned is the type of last-minute realization that “SVU” rarely utilizes — but, as in this episode, always uses powerfully.

And if none of this intrigues you enough, you should know that legend Patti LuPone also makes an appearance as the stars’ cold and calculating manager — giving a dynamic performance as always.