As elections for Central Student Government and the LSA Student Government approach, both organizations are hosting virtual events to hear more from the candidates and executive tickets running on their respective ballots. 

Both CSG and LSA SG will open their voting period at 12:00 am March 24 and close the polls at 11:59 pm March 25 . 

How can I watch the CSG presidential debate?

CSG will be hosting their presidential debates at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 18. You can access this debate via the CSG Zoom link, and it will also be livestreamed and moderated by The Michigan Daily on The Daily’s YouTube channel. There will be three campaigns represented at this debate: CHANGE, IMPACT and ORGANIZE.

How can I watch the LSA SG presidential debate?

A presidential debate for LSA Student Government will be held from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, March 19. There are two campaigns in this election: Tyler Watt and Zackariah Farah for president and vice president, and Alli Goodsell and Claudia McLean for president and vice president. You can access the debates here.

How can I watch the LSA SG candidates forum?

LSA Student Government will be hosting a candidates forum from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 18. The candidates will answer questions about their platform and existing issues within LSA. You can watch this forum here

An overview of the candidates running for LSA SG positions will be available to LSA students on the voting platform later this week. For the candidates forum, you can submit questions to ask here.

Daily News Editor Jasmin Lee can be reached at itsshlee@umich.edu.

Correction: A previous version of this article incorrectly said the date of the LSA SG Candidates forum is Thursday, April 1. The correct date is Thursday, March 18.

The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown challenges at all of us — including The Michigan Daily — but that hasn’t stopped our staff. We’re committed to reporting on the issues that matter most to the community where we live, learn and work. Your donations keep our journalism free and independent. You can support our work here.

To get the best stories from The Michigan Daily delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here and our weekly newsletter here.