University of Michigan students will be able to vote in elections for Central Student Government and, in some cases, their respective school’s student government on Wednesday and Thursday. The Michigan Daily compiled information from the four largest assemblies at the University to help students understand what’s on their ballot.

Voting will begin Wednesday at midnight and close Thursday at 11:59 p.m. Students can vote online here

Central Student Government

Central Student Government represents the entire student body with members from all of the University’s 19 schools and colleges. CSG is conducting elections for representative positions for certain schools. Students in schools with openings can vote for who they’d like to represent them.

LSA students will be voting on candidates for three open seats. Both the Rackham Graduate School and the Ross School of Business have two open seats. There is one open seat each in the School of Art & Design, the School of Education, the School of Social Work, the School of Nursing and the Medical School. 

Students will also elect a representative for the University of Michigan Police Department Oversight Committee, which is responsible for considering complaints against officers or the police department. 

Students can find more information on CSG election rules and financial transparency here

LSA Student Government  

LSA students will choose between 34 candidates for 15 open representative positions on the LSA Student Government. The LSA Student Government hosts events like Stress-Free Diag Day to improve student well-being and lobbies for changes in college policy to serve students’ interests. It also provides students with free Greenbooks.

Students can find more information on the election here.

Engineering Student Government 

The Engineering Student Government is conducting elections for Senate positions. ESG senators are responsible for representing the College of Engineering student body, which is known on campus for its mentorship program and EnginFest, the student organization fair.

College of Engineering students will be voting on candidates for 16 undergraduate and 11 graduate senate positions. Candidate election platforms can be found here.

Rackham Student Government 

RSG is conducting elections for representatives across four divisions. The group represents the graduate student body and is known for planning social events, advocating for students’ interests and providing funding to student organizations.

There is one open seat in the Humanities and the Arts division; three open seats in the Biological and Health Sciences and the Social and Behavioral Sciences divisions; and seven open seats in the Physical Sciences and Engineering division.

Daily Staff Reporter Navya Gupta can be reached at itznavya@umich.edu

The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown challenges at all of us — including The Michigan Daily — but that hasn’t stopped our staff. We’re committed to reporting on the issues that matter most to the community where we live, learn and work. Your donations keep our journalism free and independent. You can support our work here.

For a weekly roundup of the best stories from The Michigan Daily, sign up for our newsletter here.