In the midst of election year nonsense and a perilous international environment, Barack Obama outlined several policy goals for the upcoming year in his last State of the Union Address. We’ve outlined a few notable ones.

1. No cost community college

“Providing tow years of community college at no cost for every responsible student is one of the best ways to do that.”

2. Job training for the unemployed 

“Say a hardworking American loses his job —  we shouldn’t just make sure he can get unemployment insurance; we should make sure that program encourages him to retrain for a business that’s ready to hire him.”

3. More funding for cancer research

“For the loved ones we’ve lost, for the family we can still save, let’s make America the country that cures cancer once and for all.”

4. Force to fight ISIS

“If this Congress is serious about winning this war, and wants to send a message to our troops and the world, you should finally authorize the use of military force against ISIL.”

5. Trans-Pacific Partnership

“With TPP, China doesn’t set the rules in that region, we do. You want to show our strength in this century? Approve this agreement. Give us the tools to enforce it.”

6. End The Cuban Embargo

“We restored diplomatic relations, opened the door to travel and commerce, and positioned ourselves to improve the lives of the Cuban people. You want to consolidate our leadership and credibility in the hemisphere? Recognize that the Cold War is over. Lift the embargo.”