After two years at Michigan, Jordan Poole has decided to forgo his remaining eligibility and remain in the 2019 NBA Draft.

The sophomore guard originally declared on April 9. Though he hired an agent, he left the door open for a return to school. At the team banquet April 17, he said he was still undecided on what he would do.

But now, he’s made his choice.

“After weighing all my options and having many positive discussions, my family and I, along with the help of Coach Beilein and the rest of the coaching staff, believe now is the right time for me to begin my professional basketball career,” Poole said in a statement released by the team’s official Twitter account. “It has been a dream of mine to play in the NBA. I feel I am ready to go after that dream.”

On Monday night, reports surfaced from the Drew and Mike Podcast that Poole was offering personal shoutouts for $40 on a website called Cameo. Had Poole remained with the Wolverines, it would have been considered an NCAA violation, making way for rumors that Poole was gone. However, it was not made official until Tuesday afternoon.

Poole joins the company of Trey Burke, Mitch McGary, Glenn Robinson III and Nik Stauskas of leaving Michigan for the draft after two years.

As the Wolverines’ starting shooting guard this year, Poole shot 44 percent from the field and 37 percent on threes while making 83 percent of his free throws. He was named an All-Big Ten Honorable Mention as well as Academic All-Big Ten on a team that made the Sweet Sixteen.

But what Poole will be most remembered for remains his contested, buzzer-beating 3-pointer to beat Houston in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in 2018. Poole’s shot became the defining moment for a team that made a run all the way to the national championship game.

Most mock drafts project Poole as a late-second round pick if drafted. Should Poole go undrafted, he could sign a two-way deal with a G-League team and attempt to parlay that into an NBA contract, similar to what Duncan Robinson did last year with the Miami Heat.

“There are so many people who have helped me become a better player on the court, and even more who have made me a better man off the court,” Poole said in his statement. “This is a life-changing decision, however, I am excited and ready to take on the challenge. I still need and ask for your support throughout this process.”