Allison Engkvist/Daily. Buy this photo.

Moussa Diabate, a five-star power forward from IMG Academy, committed to Michigan on Monday. The news was first reported by Tipton Edits. 

Diabate is currently the 20th-ranked recruit in the 2021 class, according to 247Sports composite rankings. He chose the Wolverines over offers from Kentucky, Arizona and Alabama. 

At 6-foot-10 and 215 pounds, Diabate is a physical interior player. He is known for his shot-blocking capabilities and presence on the offensive and defensive glass. 

Diabate becomes the second five-star to commit to Michigan in the past two weeks, joining forward Caleb Houstan, who committed to the Wolverines on Oct. 30. Even before Diabate’s commitment, Michigan’s 2021 class was already listed as the top in the nation, according to 247Sports. Along with Diabate and Houstan, the class includes four-star guards Frankie Collins and Kobe Bufkin, four-star forward Isaiah Barnes and three-star forward Will Tschetter. 

It is unknown whether Diabate will sign his national letter of intent on early signing day, this Wednesday. Speaking to reporters over Zoom on Monday morning, Michigan coach Juwan Howard spoke of his recruiting philosophy. 

“We try to go get guys that we feel fit our culture,” Howard said. “And fortunately enough, last year’s class and now this upcoming class, 2021, these guys want to be here at Michigan. We want them here. We’re looking forward to building something special, a winning, competitive group.”

Asked later if the signees planned to ink their letters of intent on early signing day, Howard only said, “We’ll see.”