Michigan DE Frank Clark arrested for domestic violence, per jail records

Screenshot of Erie County Jail record

By Alejandro Zúñiga, Managing Sports Editor

According to online records for the Erie County (Ohio) jail, Frank Clark, a senior defensive end on the Michigan football team, appears to have been arrested for domestic violence.

Per the records, Clark was apparently jailed for class M1 Domestic Violence on Nov. 16.

In addition to visual identification via the Erie jail’s included mugshot, Clark’s date of birth in the jail records matches the information given by the University’s official athletic site, MGoBlue.com.

"We are aware of the report and are gathering more information," a Michigan spokesperson said in an e-mail to the Daily.

A class M1 Domestic Violence charge in the state of Ohio carries a maximum sentence of 180 days and maximum fine of $1,000.

News of Clark’s apparent arrest was first reported by MGoBlog.com.

In September 2012, Clark pleaded guilty to a felony count of second-degree home invasion for entering a University dorm and taking a laptop, both without permission. He was sentenced to one year probation and fined $1,741.

In response to that incident, Michigan coach Brady Hoke suspended Clark for a week of fall practices and the season opener of the Wolverines’ 2012 campaign. He was reinstated for the second game of that year.

This season, Clark has been Michigan’s biggest defensive force with 13.5 tackles for loss. He has recorded 42 total tackles (29 solo, 13 assisted) and 4.5 sacks.

Michigan is expected to honor its senior class Saturday before kickoff against Maryland.

Editor's Note: This story was updated at 10:45 a.m. to include a statement from an Athletic Department spokesperson.