Just two days after pulling four-star linebacker Cameron McGrone, the Michigan football team has received another commitment for his 2018 recruiting class.

Three-star Naples, Fla. cornerback Sammy Faustin announced his commitment Wednesday afternoon, becoming the thirteenth recruit to join the Wolverines’ 2018 recruiting class.

Though he’s ranked just 78th amongst cornerbacks and No. 870 nationally, Faustin has long-been on Michigan’s eye and was impressed with the team’s annual BBQ recruiting event last weekend, according to Steve Lorenz of 247Sports. 

“He’s a guy who (defensive coordinator) Don Brown absolutely loves — a guy the staff has been fighting for a lot,” Lorenz said. “There are other defensive backs Michigan is still recruiting, but Brown is a big advocate for this kid.”  

ESPN describes him as a “versatile defender who can play outside and projects as a free safety” because of “ball skills” but needs to improve on his “strength in his tackling and consistency of footwork.” Per MaxPreps, Faustin made 39 tackles with an interception and two forced fumbles last season.

And at 6’2” and 170 pounds, Faustin has the type of frame that Brown looks for from members of his defensive backfield.

Faustin — who has offers from over 20 schools — is the Wolverines fourth commitment from a 2018 conerback, joining four-stars Myles Sims and Germon Green and three-star Gemon Green.