Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh said in December he was looking to lock up passing game coordinator Jedd Fisch to a contract extension. That deal is done, according to Sports Illustrated’s Thayer Evans, who reported Tuesday that Fisch signed a two-year extension worth between $650,000 and $750,000 per year, plus incentives.

Fisch, also the Wolverines’ quarterbacks and wide receivers coach, just wrapped up his first season under Harbaugh in Ann Arbor. He has been an assistant for nine different teams in 16 years of coaching, never spending more than four years in one spot. The new extension secures Fisch, who has coached eight of his 16 years in the NFL, before he gets snatched away by a professional team following the season.

Fisch, 39, led a steady improvement in Michigan’s offense in 2015. Fifth-year senior Jake Rudock, a graduate transfer from Iowa, emerged to complete one of the best statistical seasons for a quarterback in Michigan history. He threw for 3,017 yards and 20 touchdowns against just nine interceptions.

Redshirt junior wide receivers Jehu Chesson and Amara Darboh and junior tight end Jake Butt totaled 2,145 of those yards on 159 catches, and all three have decided to hold off on the NFL Draft and return for their final seasons in 2016. Fisch will have another stable of quarterbacks to grow. The leader could be Houston transfer John O’Korn, who has two years of eligibility remaining after he sat out in 2015.