The Michigan football team has paused all in-person activities due to COVID-19, as first reported by Sam Webb of The Michigan Insider.

The Daily confirmed that the pause is due to “a few presumptive positive (COVID-19) tests” from Monday morning. The Wolverines will begin holding all meetings virtually Monday afternoon as they wait for PCR test results to confirm positive tests discovered by daily antigen testing.

“Out of caution, we are holding all team activities virtually today,” a team spokesperson said.

The news comes on the heels of Michigan’s 27-17 loss to a previously winless Penn State team. The 2-4 Wolverines have struggled mightily for much of this season. They lost as three-touchdown favorites against Michigan State, fell to Indiana for the first time in three decades and suffered their worst halftime deficit in Michigan Stadium history against Wisconsin.

If the shutdown is anything like the ones Wisconsin and Maryland experienced earlier this season, it could mark the end of Michigan’s season. The Badgers and Terrapins each missed two scheduled games — the exact amount remaining on the Wolverines’ 2020 schedule.

Michigan is scheduled to play Maryland on Dec. 5 in Ann Arbor and Ohio State on Dec. 12 in Columbus.