Thursday afternoon, the Big Ten announced that Saturday’s football game between No. 22 Michigan and Maryland in College Park has been rescheduled for noon due to weather.

“The Big Ten has been in counsel with Maryland and Michigan throughout the week on the course of Hurricane Joaquin and its possible effects on Saturday’s game,” Michigan said in a press release. “The three entities agreed that moving the game time was the appropriate decision.”

Kickoff had been previously slated for 8 p.m., but Hurricane Joaquin — a Category 3 storm making its way up the Atlantic coast — is threatening to pass through College Park some time Saturday night.

“The weather experts are still dealing with uncertain probabilities for the course of Hurricane Joaquin,” said Michigan interim Athletic Director Jim Hackett. “Thus we remain vigilant on developments and will err on the side of safety for all participants and fans.”

With the change, the Wolverines (3-1) will play in their fourth straight noon game, the longest such streak since 2012. They are heavily-favored after beating then No. 22 Brigham Young, 31-0, while Maryland fell to No . 23 West Virginia, 45-6.

Despite the time change, the game will be broadcast on Big Ten Network for those in the Michigan and Maryland areas, while Minnesota at Northwestern will be broadcast elsewhere.

With increased exposure, the Terrapins (2-2) had endorsed the game as a “Black Out” night game and had planned to debut special all-black uniforms and hand-painted “Black Ops” helmets. Maryland still anticipates a black out and will wear its special uniforms.