Since hiring Jim Harbaugh as head football coach, there’s been no shortage of big names associating themselves with Michigan.

Rappers Lil Wayne, G-Eazy and Big Sean have stopped by to meet the team and its coach. Harbaugh has given social media shoutouts to Michelle Obama, Judge Judy and even Nicki Minaj. Athletes seemingly spanning every sport have mentioned their support for the coach.

The latest name might ring a bell too: Michael Jordan.

Thursday evening, the hall-of-fame basketball player announced that the Wolverines would become the first football team to wear Jordan brand apparel, joining the men’s and women’s basketball teams’ switch to the provider in 2016.

The outfitter, which is most known for its basketball shoes and has rarely ventured beyond basketball apparel, used July’s Nike deal to acquire its first gridiron client.

“I want to welcome our fist football team to the family — Go blue,” Jordan said in a video on his Twitter.

Jordan, whose company is run through Nike, is said to have called up Harbaugh himself to make the deal happen. Harbaugh, who has been notably quiet on social media since training camp started last week, took time to thank Jordan shortly afterward.

“Thanks MJ! It will be an honor to share our sideline with you,” he said.

Jordan, who played for North Carolina in college, met Harbaugh when both were playing professionally in Chicago from 1987-93.

The deal has served as a recruiting boost, with dozens of high-profile football recruits tweeting their support for the decision Thursday night.