Throughout his eventful offseason, Jim Harbaugh has experienced no shortage of interactions with celebrities, from members of the Supreme Court to Garth Brooks. But it was a recent phone call with Michael Jordan that temporarily put him in a state of awe.

Jordan called Harbaugh a few weeks ago in an attempt to convince him that the Michigan football team should wear his Jordan Brand Jumpman clothing. His efforts were successful: The Wolverines will be the first college football team to wear the Jumpman logo beginning in the 2016 season.

Harbaugh recounted the surprising nature of the phone call in his press conference Thursday.

“My phone rang and it was a number I didn’t know,” Harbaugh said. “I said hello, and didn’t catch the whole other name. Sometimes the cell phones cut out. So I got part of it.

“I said, ‘Excuse me, the phone cut out, who is this?’ He said, ‘This is Michael Jordan.’ I said, ‘Come on! Come on. Who is this?’ He says, ‘This is Michael Jordan.’ I said, ‘The real Michael Jordan?’ That’s kind of how it went, it was really cool. (Harbaugh’s wife Sarah) was very, very impressed that Michael Jordan called.”

But will it be weird to see the logo so closely associated with basketball on a football uniform? Harbaugh’s face lit up when he answered.

“It’s going to be awesome,” Harbaugh said.