Just five years after becoming the head coach of the Michigan baseball team, Erik Bakich has completely changed the program’s trajectory, taking the Wolverines from a 22-win team in 2012 to their winningest season since 2008 last year.

With Bakich’s original five-year contract expiring this season, the quick turnaround he has engineered at one of the nation’s most storied programs has tied him to high-profile job openings around the country, including the vacancies at South Carolina and Stanford.

However, it appears that Bakich is staying put.

D1Baseball.com’s Kendall Rogers first reported Wednesday evening via Twitter that Bakich had turned down the Cardinal’s offer, and was committed to remaining the head coach at Michigan. In a later tweet, Rogers reported that Bakich was not a candidate for the Gamecocks’ vacancy either.

Bakich appeared to confirm this report himself with a statement posted to his Twitter account approximately an hour later.

https://twitter.com/ErikBakich/status/875143524798353409

“Quick note to say thank you to Michigan, (athletic director) Warde Manuel, (senior associate athletic director) Bitsy Ritt, our coaches, staff, and players for allowing me to continue to wear the block ‘M’,” Bakich wrote. “It is an honor and privilege to serve as the head baseball coach. We have so much to be proud of in our 151 year tradition rich program and the future continues to be extremely bright. Those who stay will be champions. Thank you and Go Blue!”

The Detroit News had reported earlier this week that Manuel had offered Bakich a five-year contract extension to continue as the Wolverines’ coach.

Bakich coached at Maryland for three seasons, recording a record of 70-98, before taking the job at Michigan. In his five seasons in Ann Arbor, the Wolverines have gone 176-119, including a 70-49 record in conference play, and have qualified for the NCAA Tournament twice, including an automatic bid for winning the Big Ten Conference tournament in 2015.