Anna Fuder/Daily. Buy this photo.

Two years ago, the loss of a Taco Bell originally slated for the Michigan Union engendered disappointment among students looking for a quick bite on campus. Thankfully, that disappointment did not last long as BTB Burrito, long known for serving up quick and tasty bites on South State Street, announced its move to South University Avenue right outside Good Time Charley’s in the heart of student nightlife.

At the time, students were worried the move would impact the quality of the 15-year old Ann Arbor institution. Clearly, those worries were overblown, as Ann Arborites have crowned BTB the best fast food in town. Despite the move and shift to takeout-only service, students keep coming back for the fresh food at a reasonable price.

In 2004, University of Michigan alum Adam Lowenstein, co-founder of BTB, set out to deliver an excellent college burrito spot. Fifteen years later, the restaurant continues to make good on that goal, providing students cheap bites that fit with their busy schedules and still taste incredible. Every time I drop in for the deluxe steak burrito, I know I can expect a delicious burrito whether I run in for a quick dinner in between meetings or a late-night bite after a night out. Not to mention, the stand stays open until 2:30 a.m. Thursday-Saturday, ensuring you and your friends can count on a BTB Burrito no matter what the night brings.

Managing News Editor Dominic Coletti can be reached at dcoletti@umich.edu