Michigan's offense wasted no time getting going against Rutgers. Tess Crowley/Daily.  Buy this photo.

Four singles. One double. One triple. Five RBI. Six runs. And a Rutgers pitching change.

You would probably think that this list represents the story of the game between Michigan and the Scarlet Knights. But no, it’s just what the Wolverines did before they got their first out.

That stretch was indicative of the Saturday doubleheader’s opening game as Michigan (34-6 Big Ten) cruised past Rutgers (8-34) in a 13-0 run-rule victory.

“Well, we can be so contagious and, we started out with a bang yesterday and then we just kind of got into a lull,” Michigan coach Carol Hutchins said. “We just needed some sparks and we had a lot more sparks (today). Everybody was a spark today.”

The only half inning that the Scarlet Knights didn’t trail — the top of the first — they found little success at the plate even with junior right handed pitcher Alex Storako struggling. The Wolverines outfield made short work of the Rutgers offense, ending the top of the first with a double play. Then, the aforementioned first inning for Michigan put the game out of reach with most of the game left to play still.

Trailing 6-0 only seemed to intensify the Scarlet Knights offensive incompetence.

A quick three up, three down inning for Storako in the top of the third set the stage for another big inning for the Wolverines.

Two home runs were the catalyst for another six run inning for Michigan. A solo shot from sophomore outfielder Lexi Voss started things off quickly. And then just a few batters later — and two RBI from senior first baseman Lou Allan —  Bump took the team lead for home runs with her 10th on the season on a three run home run that made it a 12-0 game. Bump led the team on the day with five RBI.

Storako did her job at the mound once again to keep the shutout going and gave her offense one final chance to extend the lead. Storako finished the day giving up just one hit and striking out seven batters in four innings pitched.

The score went final after freshman catcher Keke Tholl sent a solo home run past the centerfield fences to give the Wolverines a 13-0 lead.

Senior right handed pitcher Sarah Schaefer was given the job of closer and she finished the game for Michigan.

In Rutgers final chance at extending the game past five innings. The Scarlet Knights’ shortstop Kiana Workman sent one into right field, but Voss was there and made the diving catch, sending the crowd into one final frenzy and putting an exclamation point on a complete game.

“I think everybody’s just loose, we’re having fun,” Tholl said. “Just think back to the times, why we started playing and just getting to the end of the season and realizing that we’re playing for each other. You look to your left and look to your right and those are the people we’re playing for every day.”