October 27, 2022
By Justin O’Beirne

Good morning,

Welcome to the Oct. 27 edition of the Weekly Roundup. We hope you’re preparing for the Michigan State night game this weekend. If you want a new car, park your current one near the Big House Saturday night and enjoy your insurance payout when MSU fans burn it after losing. 

This week, The Michigan Daily interviewed University President Santa Ono on his priorities for his tenure, compiled information about the upcoming midterm elections in Ann Arbor, uncovered allegations of petition misrepresentation and more. 

University President Santa Ono speaks during his first interview with The Michigan Daily in the Alexander G. Ruthven Building October 18. Grace Beal/Daily. Buy this photo.

‘The priorities are first to listen’: President Santa Ono discusses goals in first interview since taking office

The Michigan Daily sat down with new University President Santa Ono on Tuesday afternoon for his first formal interview since officially taking office last Friday. Ono discussed his priorities for the administration. When asked “Why Michigan?”, Ono said, “Because the people are incredible. They are electric. They energize me every day.” Read on to hear the new president’s priorities for the administration, the University’s Climate Action Plan and more.

Design by Zoe Storer

Here’s what’s on the Ann Arbor ballot for the 2022 Midterm Election

Tired of receiving emails for political donations? It’ll be over soon, with Election Day coming up on Nov. 8. And don’t worry, The Daily has got you covered with a rundown of all the local elections right here in Ann Arbor.

Design by Evelyne Lee

Daily investigation finds allegations petition circulators misrepresented Republican-backed petition initiatives

A Daily investigation uncovers allegations that petition circulators misrepresented two initiatives supported by the Michigan GOP. Numerous residents of the Ann Arbor area claim that signature gatherers misled them about the content and political alignment of their ballot initiatives throughout the spring of 2022. Learn more about these allegations and the companies associated with them here.

The biggest news, Tweets, events of interest (and maybe some jokes) captured from Twitter.

Photo Gallery: Michigan Madness

Freshman Tarris Reed Jr. makes his entrance in Crisler Center for the first time Friday evening. Julianne Yoon/Daily. Buy this photo.

The Daily vs. State News

Get ready for the most important football game of the year this weekend: The Michigan Daily vs. State News. Join us as we seek our 18th consecutive win at 7:30 pm on Elbel Field, or watch the livestream with Daily staffer commentary!

© 2022 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER