September 27, 2021

Michigan fends off Rutgers, 20-13, to extend unbeaten start

Michigan Football beat the Rutgers Scarlet Knights 20-13 in the University’s homecoming game. Despite an underperforming offense in the second half of the game, the Wolverines secured the win, bringing the team to a 4-0 season record. The team will travel to Madison, Wisconsin, next week to face the Badgers in the first away game of the season.

UMich to completely restore pre-pandemic bus routes

Beginning Oct. 24, campus buses will undergo a service change and return to running all pre-pandemic routes. Pandemic bus routes were designed to keep rides no longer than 15 minutes. This change comes after many students expressed frustration that the altered bus routes had slower service.

UMich students experience the return of asynchronous learning with hybrid classes

Certain U-M classes are being offered partially or completely asynchronously this semester. Some instructors and students said they found advantages in offering asynchronous classes, including allowing students to watch lectures whenever is most convenient for them. However, others report asynchronous lectures being less engaging than in-person ones.

‘It’s the best time of the year’: 9th annual Harvest Festival celebrates fall at the Campus Farm

Target opens S. State St: What are Shoppers Buying

‘We’re in there freaking boxing’: How Blake Corum’s work ethic paved the way for success

Wolverine’s running back Blake Corum works out before 4 am while many of his teammates are still asleep. Many of Corum’s former and current trainers and coaches all attribute his success to his unparalleled work ethic that has defined his entire athletic career.

Michigan volleyball secures gritty win against rival Michigan State

Victory in championship rematch is only the beginning of Michigan’s revenge tour

Follow The Daily’s sports account, @theblockm, on Twitter to stay up to date on Michigan sports. From football predictions, to soccer coverage to the role of sports in society, our award-winning sports writers have got you covered.

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2021 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER