October 24, 2022
By Rachel Mintz

Design by Evelyne Lee

Daily investigation finds allegations petition circulators misrepresented Republican-backed petition initiatives

A Daily investigation found that petition circulators misrepresented two initiatives supported by the Michigan GOP. Numerous residents of the Ann Arbor area alleged that signature gatherers misled them about the content and political alignment of their ballot initiatives while the petitions were in circulation throughout the spring of 2022. Learn more about these allegations and the companies associated with them here.

Jenna Hickey/Daily. Buy this photo.

UMich continues efforts toward all-electric bus system to achieve climate goals

The wheels on the (electric) bus go round and round — at least on campus, that is. Find out how Logistics, Transportation and Parking is moving toward an all-electric bus system as the University aims to fully electrify the transit bus system in its goal to reach carbon neutrality.

Protestors from One University support fellow public commenters at President Santa J. Ono’s first Board of Regents meeting Thursday afternoon. Photo courtesy of Riley Hodder.

UMich Board of Regents discuss Flint transformation initiative at President Ono’s first meeting

On Thursday, the University of Michigan Board of Regents met for the first time since Santa Ono became president. The regents discussed the creation of a new central ethics, integrity and compliance office, a proposal for the transformation of the Flint campus and the creation of a new College of Pharmacy building. Learn about how Ono plans to create an open dialogue with the campus community, the Flint Transformation Plan and student opinions on funding disparities between U-M campuses.

Students learn about the unique paths to pursue in sustainability work from leaders in the arts, government, environmental justice, and more at the Sustainability Leaders Summit at the Michigan League Saturday afternoon. Keith Melong/Daily. Buy this photo.

“There’s a heart to this work that lies within each of us”: Students gather at the Student Sustainability Leaders Summit

Lila Turner/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan dominates the slot to claim sweep over Lake Superior State

On Saturday night, the Michigan ice hockey team dominated both nets, outshooting Lake Superior State by 14 and blocking 8 shots. Read more about the short struggle after committing two early penalties, how being down a man for more than a third of the game impacted the team and coach Brandon Naurato’s thoughts on how the Wolverines played.

Lila Turner/Daily. Buy this photo.

‘We want Paul back”: With past games still top of mind, Michigan heightens focus for Michigan State

Lila Turner/Daily. Buy this photo.

Truscott’s do-it-all play boosts Michigan to victory

Enjoyed reading this newsletter? Want even more content from The Daily? Click here to subscribe to our four other newsletters, and be sure to pick up a print copy of The Daily every Wednesday.

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2022 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER