November 2, 2021

Michigan Medicine creates virtual COVID-19 vaccination record through patient portal

Sick of having to bring your vaccine card everywhere with you? Michigan Medicine has a solution. All U-M health patients will be able to prove their COVID-19 vaccination or recent test results with just a touch of their mobile phone. This comes after many public places in Ann Arbor have instituted mandatory vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test for entry.

‘I am committed’: Ann Arbor’s new interim city administrator Milton Dohoney talks workplace environment, DEI strategies

Ann Arbor has recently appointed Milton Dohoney as interim city administrator, and The Daily sat down with him to discuss both his management style and his diversity, equity and inclusion goals. He seeks to help the city with whatever tasks may come about, create a positive work environment for all those who may be around him, and overall seek face-to-face engagement with community members. 

Ann Arbor City Council approves proposed reapportionment of five wards

The Ann Arbor City Council proposes a new ordinance that reapportions the city’s five wards, but students are worried that it will disenfranchise student voices. LSA senior Greta Kruse, co-chair of the University’s chapter of College Democrats said that students are already underrepresented in the city’s decisions saying, “It is no small thing to me that I feel like my vote is not going anywhere.”

UMich administration must fess up to its cover up culture

UMichFits: The University’s best people-watcher

Showcasing that U-M students are anything but average, Jacob Melamed, a sophomore in LSA and the School of Kinesiology, has run a street-style photography account dubbed @UMichFits for about a month now where students with a unique eye for fashion are broadcasted to his 2,000+ followers. Shooting on the Diag just a few times a week, Melamed says the account has allowed him to make new friends and make many others feel good while doing it.

Alex Hirsch’s ‘Inside Job’ is no ‘Gravity Falls’ 2.0

The Booker Prize 2021: Reviews and predictions

The Opinion section has space in The Michigan Daily for first-person accounts of sexual misconduct and its various implications. In this series, submissions underpinned by the experience of survivors will be published, aiming to highlight their essential perspectives.

To be considered for publication, please submit pieces to Editorial Page Editors Liz Cook (elizcook@umich.edu) and Joel Weiner (jgweiner@umich.edu) by Nov. 14, 2021 at midnight. Read more about submission requirements here

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2021 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER