March 9, 2022

Tess Crowley/Daily. Buy this photo.

UMich administration removes “Hail to the Victims” campsite after 150 days of protest

The University took down the campsite where Jon Vaughn and other survivors of the late doctor Robert Anderson protested the University’s response to the Anderson case and other incidents of sexual misconduct on campus. Vaughn previously told the University he was planning to leave in only a few days. Read on to learn how both Vaughn and the University reacted to the removal of the campsite.

University Response to Ukraine, is it enough?

The ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine has had a deep impact on both the world and the U-M community. Members of the campus community spoke with The Michigan Daily about the background of the conflict, what could happen next and how it is affecting people at the University.

Dominick Sokotoff/Daily. Buy this photo.

Ann Arbor City Council passes two rezoning agendas

On Monday night, the Ann Arbor City Council approved rezoning plans for two downtown areas — 0.8 acres at 350 S 5th Avenue and 68 parcels in the South State Street and East/West Eisenhower Parkway Area — with the goal of ultimately creating affordable housing in the city. Read on for the details of the two passed proposals.

Design by Erin Ruark. Buy this photo.

How we are all superheroes in our own ways

Design by Kate Shen

The failure of the Super bowl ads’ crypto future

Daily Arts contributor Saarthak Johri describes the disappointing attempts by many to create appealing cryptocurrency commercials during this year’s Super Bowl. Johri notes the ever-increasing price of commercials during the Super Bowl, adding to the utter disappointment he feels toward crypto commercials.

Carmen Maria Machado creates surreal realities as a Zell Visiting Writer

Sam White renovates a Greek classic: a preview of ‘Antigone’

Grab a copy of the print edition of The Michigan Daily this Wednesday to see the biggest stories of the semester.

For up-to-the-minute news on the issues most important to faculty and staff, check our website and social media.

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2021 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER