March 7, 2022

Taylor Pacis/Daily. Buy this photo.

‘No War!’: UMich community gathers on the Diag to show support for Ukraine

After the Russian military began an invasion into Ukraine, protesters gathered on the Diag Feb. 26 in support of the Ukrainian people. Protesters held signs with messages including “We Stand With Ukraine” and “No War!” The event also featured speeches from Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Mich., and Ann Arbor Mayor Christopher Taylor. Read on for the U-M community’s response to the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.

Julianne Yoon/Daily. Buy this photo.

Condado Tacos combines signature flavors and graffiti-style art in new Ann Arbor location

On Thursday, Condado Tacos officially opened its doors in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor. The restaurant, located at 401 E. Liberty, features a vibrant ambiance kitted with contemporary artwork and offers a modern twist on classic Mexican cuisine. “The first thing I really like is the environment and the backdrop,” LSA junior Zhen Lin said. “I think it’s more fitting to our generation. We like to Instagram a lot of our food and (take) pictures around them. (This) is the perfect place to do that, everything’s really eye-appealing.” 

Gabby Ceritano/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan’s defense makes the difference in win over Ohio State

Even without star center Hunter Dickinson, the Michigan men’s basketball team found a way to win in Columbus on Sunday, 75-69. Now that the postseason has officially commenced, the Wolverines will soon head to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Tournament as they continue their quest for a bid to the NCAA Tournament. For more on Sunday’s game and Michigan’s week ahead, check out Daily Sports Editor Nicholas Stoll’s recap of the team’s high-stakes bout.

Sam Turner/Daily

Chronicles of a sneakerhead

Gabby Ceritano/Daily. Buy this photo.

DeVante’ Jones leads Michigan through its most desperate moment yet

With their backs against the wall and their NCAA tournament dreams in limbo, graduate guard DeVante’ Jones put the Wolverines on his back on Sunday en route to a 75-69 upset victory over the Ohio State Buckeyes. Jones’s 21 points and nine assists led the team, helping keep the Wolverines’ season alive ahead of the Big Ten Tournament. 

Grace Beal/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan’s fourth-quarter failures destroy chance of a comeback

Dominick Sokotoff/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan exerts dominance over Michigan State in blowout win

We’re excited to announce our latest newsletter, Maynard Street Blitz! Offering important updates on all things Michigan athletics, this sports-centric newsletter hits your inbox every other Wednesday. Whether you’ve been a Michigan fan since day one or just have a distaste for the state of Ohio, click this link to subscribe.

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2021 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER