January 19, 2022

Grace Beal/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan drubs Maryland in Dickinson’s first game back

The Michigan basketball team rebounded last night with a blowout win over the Maryland Terrapins, 83-64. After losing three games in a row, the Wolverines added a fully-recovered Hunter Dickinson to the lineup, a key to the team’s success as they look to get their season back on track.

File Photo/Daily. Buy this photo.

University of Michigan Housing COVID-19 update

In response to anticipated travel over MLK weekend, University Housing announced a new testing policy for students living in on-campus housing. Residents are expected to complete rapid tests provided by the University over the next 10 days with a second test to confirm negative results 36 to 72 hours after. Read more for details.

Tess Crowley/Daily. Buy this photo.

“50 years later, I’m still carrying this anger”: Survivors of the late Doctor Robert Anderson discuss Anderson’s abuse, Schlissel’s termination at press conference

On the heels of former University President Mark Schlissel’s recent termination, two survivors of abuse by the late Dr. Robert Anderson held a press conference Tuesday to discuss what steps they believe the University should take in response to the Anderson case. Read more to hear their stories and thoughts on the actions  the University must take.

Gabby Ceritano/Daily. Buy this photo.

What CAPS gets wrong

The future of art(ificial intelligence)

Recently, art created by artificial intelligence has swept the Internet over the past few months. A new app called Dream allows users to create an AI drawing of any subject for free with just a few clicks, making this technology more accessible to the public and ensuring that AI art will continue to be a force in the future.

‘The Tragedy of Macbeth’ is an intense, psychological construction of the classic tragedy

The second season of ‘Euphoria’ has friendship, betrayal and everything in between

Interested in working for one of the largest and most prestigious student-run newspapers in the country? The Michigan Daily wants YOU to join! Recruitment will be hybrid this semester, with mass meetings for all sections in the newsroom on Jan. 19 and 20 at 7:00 p.m or Jan. 23 at 3:00 p.m. More information can be found here – no prior experience is necessary.

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2021 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER