February 25, 2022

Madeline Hinkley/Daily. Buy this photo.

Jonathan Vaughn, Hail to the Victims protest celebrate 100 days of advocacy

Jon Vaughn and other survivors of the late University doctor Robert Anderson held an event at the UMMA to commemorate 100 days since the beginning of their protest for sexual abuse and assault reform at the University. Read on to learn more about the survivors’ reflections over the protest’s first 100 days and the specific reforms they support.

Ali Chami/Daily. Buy this photo.

Winterfest 2022 raises a record $202,213 for local charities

Known for its broomball competitions and winter game-day atmosphere, Winterfest managed to raise more than $200,000 for local charities. The proceeds will go to Autism Alliance of Michigan, The Women’s Center of Southeastern Michigan and Fisher House Michigan. Read on to learn more about this fundraising event.

Ford School discusses the repeal of racially restrictive housing deed in Ann Arbor neighborhood

A panel held by the Ford School discussed the history and ongoing legacy of racially restrictive housing policies in Ann Arbor. Though the ordinances are being repealed, the effects are still present. Read on for a discussion of the repeal’s implications as well as ongoing projects designed to identify racially restrictive covenants in Washtenaw County.

Andy Nakamura/MiC.

Holding onto and letting go of the hypothetical you

Grace Aretakis/Daily

The Lost Imagination

When did you feel your sense of imagination and free creativity begin to fade? Statement correspondent Emily Blumberg explores the idea of imagination and the reasons that some people feel it escapes them.

Sam Turner/Daily

Chronicles of a sneakerhead

Francie Ahrens/Daily

When Keto became the new Paleo: My problem with fad diets

We’re excited to announce our latest newsletter, Maynard Street Blitz! Offering important updates on all things Michigan athletics, this sports-centric newsletter hits your inbox every other Wednesday. Whether you’ve been a Michigan fan since day one or just have a distaste for the state of Ohio, click this link to subscribe.

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2021 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER