February 18, 2022

José Brenes/Daily. Buy this photo.

UMich Board of Regents public commenters express concern over sexual misconduct policies

For the first time since the dismissal of former University President Mark Schlissel, the U-M Board of Regents met to discuss the logistics of the Presidential Search Committee, CSG’s Student Government Report on the University’s felony disclosure policy and student representation on the Board of Regents. Read on to hear about the events of the meeting and the opinions of public commenters in the aftermath of Schlissel’s termination. 

Design by Priya Ganji

UMich to expand campus composting programs

In an effort to reduce waste on campus, the Office of Campus Sustainability announced that it will be expanding composting programs at University. Learn more about the benefits of composting, the current program, what can and cannot be composted and input from students and OCS officials.

Tess Crowley/Daily. Buy this photo.

President Biden talks infrastructure law and Great Lakes during Ohio visit 

On Thursday, President Joe Biden made a trip to Lorain, Ohio, to discuss the national infrastructure bill and funding for Great Lakes conservation efforts. Biden announced the budget for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, emphasizing the need to invest in American infrastructure. Read on to learn more about Biden’s announcements and Lorain Mayor Jack Bradley’s remarks.

Music Matters Presents: battle of the Bands

Jennie Vang/Daily

From stalking to harassment: My experience as a former RA

Like many others, “Alice” worked as a Resident Advisor for U-M Housing, but her story is not one commonly told or seen in headlines. Alice shares her experiences in U-M Housing as well as the sexual assault and harassment revealed by The Daily’s recent investigation into U-M Housing and ResStaff safety. Read more about students’ easy access to RA’s dorm rooms, the hopelessness Alice felt when being rejected by DPSS and her desperation when no one else on campus would help her.

Jennie Vang/Daily

Blood, nails and shameful secrets

Reid Graham/Daily

South Asian accents: Comfort vs. hate

We’re excited to announce our latest newsletter, Maynard Street Blitz! Offering important updates on all things Michigan athletics, this sports-centric newsletter hits your inbox every other Wednesday. Whether you’ve been a Michigan fan since day one or just have a distaste for the state of Ohio, click this link to subscribe.

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2021 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER