December 2, 2021

File Photo/Daily. Buy this photo. This photo was not taken at the scene.

Fourth student from Oxford High School shooting dies, Prosecutor’s Office announces terrorism charge

Following the shooting Tuesday, a fourth student, Justin Shilling, has been pronounced dead after undergoing surgery for gunshot wounds. The Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office also released an update identifying the suspect as Ethan Crumbley and announcing he would be charged as an adult. Crumbley is now being held in Oakland County Jail without bond, after being transferred from a juvenile facility at the request of prosecutors. Oakland County Lieutenant Timothy Willis said the police found a video made by Crumbley on Monday night in which he discussed killing students.

Michigan’s coaching staff has put extra emphasis on preparation this season. Allison Engkvist/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan stays true to its preparation ahead of Big Ten Championship Game

After the big win against rival Ohio State this past weekend, the Michigan football team heads to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship this weekend, which Michigan has never attended. With high hopes and positive energy between all of the players on the team, the Wolverines hope to secure a Big Ten Championship win this year. Here’s how they’re preparing. 

Foul trouble from sophomore center Hunter Dickinson contributed to Michigan’s woes on Wednesday night. Madeline Hinkley/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan gets blown out by North Carolina, 72-51

Starting the season 4-3 was unfathomable for Michigan basketball fans a month ago, but a struggling offense and lackadaisical defensive play Wednesday night resulted in the second loss to an unranked opponent as the Wolverines were defeated by North Carolina. After a tight game heading out of halftime, the Tar Heels opened with a 17-6 run and proved to be unstoppable the remainder of the game.

This image is from the official trailer for “House of Gucci,” distributed by United Artists Releasing.

A murderous family drama becomes tedious in ‘House of Gucci’

Meghana Tummala/Daily. Buy this photo.

Thankful for feeling thankful

The author’s ‘thankful’ quilt used in her childhood around Thanksgiving time isn’t just a thing to hurry and do this year — but now a beacon of love after facing a year of COVID-19 and other misfortunes of the same sort. What once seemed like a nonchalant task has transformed into a way to reflect on how much the author, and all of us, have to be grateful for in our lives.

Grace Aretakis/Daily. Buy this photo.

A proclivity for procrastination: The story of my “lost semesters”

Madison Grosvenor/Daily. Buy this photo.

Sympathy for my brother

How to get a paper

Interested in owning a copy of The Michigan Daily after Michigan football’s big win on Saturday against Ohio State? 

Though physical copies of The Daily’s print edition containing stories about Saturday’s game have largely diminished at our printstands, you can still order copies to be mailed to you. For information on how to order a mailed copy, see here.  

As always, if you enjoy getting daily updates, share this link with others to subscribe!

© 2021 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER