The case against two former fraternity members involved in the January destruction of a Northern Michigan ski resort will appear before a jury next month, according to Otsego County Prosecutor Michael Rola.

Business juniors Joshua Kaplan and Zachary Levin, the former Sigma Alpha Mu president and treasurer, are scheduled to appear in front of a jury in the 87A district court of Gaylord, Mich. on Nov. 18. They each are charged with two counts of furnishing a place for the consumption of alcohol and/or controlled substances on the premises by minors. It was previously undetermined whether they would reach a plea agreement or stand trial.

If found guilty, Rola said the two could face penalties of up to 30 days in jail and $1,000 per offense. The court can also order them to help pay restitution to Treetops ski resort.

Kaplan and Levin join two other former SAM members, University alums Jesse Krumholz and Matthew Vlasic, who all were charged following the ski trip destruction. Krumholz received two years of probation for a misdemeanor charge in October, and Vlasic received two years probation for malicious destruction of property totaling more than $200 but less than $1,000.

The vandalism took place during a ski trip with Sigma Delta Tau sorority. Treetops alleges University students caused $200,000 worth of damages to the property, on top of lost revenue.

Following the incident, the University decided it would no longer recognize the fraternity, and the national SAM organization later opted to disband the chapter.