According to Detective Lieutenant Robert Pfannes of the Ann Arbor Police Department, as of Friday, August 7, seven break-ins have been reported from establishments in the city since Monday.

The reported incidents occurred as follows: one break-in on Tuesday, August 4 at 6 p.m. on Church Street, five break-ins on Wednesday, August 5 at 1 a.m. on Prospect Street, at 1 a.m. on Woodlawn Avenue, at 2:30 a.m. on Benjamin Street, at 3:40 a.m. on Division Street and at 7 p.m. on the block of Glenwood Road. Lastly, a break-in was reported on Friday, August 7, at on South State Street.

Pfannes told MLive six of the incidents occurred in a predominantly student-rented area and were in proximity to one another.

Of the break-in reported on Division St., a resident saw a roughly 18-year-old white male who is about 5 feet 9 inches with a medium build and clean shaven face in the home.

The suspect asked for “Adrian,” and when the resident told him there was no one there by that name, he left.

The resident later noticed a wallet missing.

Electronics and gaming devices were the main targets of the invasions, Pfannes said.

Per the Ann Arbor Police Department, if someone knocks when you are home alone, police urge you to make your presence known, even if that means simply turning on lights. Further, keep all doors and windows of your home locked.

If you are confronted in your home, call 911 immediately and provide a physical description and last seen direction traveled of the intruder.