U.S Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) will be coming to Ypsilanti on Monday, his campaign announced Friday evening.

Sanders will be speaking at Eastern Michigan University’s Convocation Center, discussing issues including his plan to make public colleges and universities tuition free, raising the minimum wage and fighting wealth inequality.

The Sanders campaign also announced plans to open a campaign office in the Ann Arbor area. Sanders already has campaign offices in Flint, Detroit and Grand Rapids Friday.

LSA sophomore Nick Kolenda, president of Students for Sanders at the University of Michigan, said he is very excited for Sanders’ visit to Michigan.

“I’m overjoyed to hear about it and very excited to see him finally come to this area,” he said. 

This will be Sanders’ first visit to the state of Michigan during his presidential campaign. Hillary Clinton visited Flint last Sunday, and her daughter visited Flint on Thursday. Both candidates will be in Flint on March 6 for a debate two days prior to the Michigan state primary.

Kolenda said Students for Sanders is currently working on plans to help transport students to the EMU campus so that they can attend the rally.

“We’re trying to get something together at the moment,” he said. “We don’t have it completely concrete yet because we just learned about his visit probably an hour ago.”