University of Michigan’s own Daniel Passino’s audition for NBC’s The Voice has generated organized student support of their classmate.

Passino is a senior studying opera in the school of Music, Theatre and Dance.

In his audition, Passino sang the Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor song “Marvin Gaye.” Blake Shelton and Christina Aguilera both turned around in their seats indicating that they wanted to mentor Passino, and he ultimately opted to join Team Christina for the upcoming season of the Voice.

“You have been one of my biggest idols and inspirations,” Passino told Aguilera as he accepted a spot on her team.

Passino tweeted last night, thanking all those who support him on his musical journey.

In addition to those who viewed it live on television, a video of the audition posted on The Voice’s Youtube channel had gathered over 147,680 views in only 24 hours, and this number continues to grow.

Passino’s friends and peers at the University are excited to support their classmate.  LSA sophomore Michael Funkhouser is a friend of Passino and said he has no doubt of his impending success.

“The first time I met Daniel he was singing and right away I noticed how passionate he was about what he does,” Funkhouser said. “He doesn’t just sing, he doesn’t just listen to music. He’s constantly working on getting better, he’s honestly one of the hardest working people I know. Whether he wins The Voice competition or not he’s going to achieve his dream one way or another, I know it.”