Wes Nakagiri, a Livingston County Tea Party activist, has his sights set on Kid Rock, Detroit native and Trump supporter, for a potential Senate candidate in 2018.

“[Kid Rock] has name I.D., is an out-of-the-box idea, and would kind of get rid of that stodgy Republican image,” Nakagiri said in an interview with the Detroit Free Press.

Michigan Republicans have been seeking out a potential U.S. Senate seat candidate to balance out the Michigan’s party unification with Republicans in control of all statewide offices. The possible election of Kid Rock would have implications, as it would mean there would be a Republican candidate receiving Michigan’s electoral votes for the first time since 1988.

No candidates have yet been announced to oppose Debbie Stabenow in 2018; however, names proposed at the Michigan Republican Party ranged from former state senators, such as U.S. Rep. Fred Upton (R–St. Joseph) and Randy Richardville, former Senate Majority Leader from Monroe, to the rock artist himself.

“I’ll bet you he would generate as much excitement as Trump did,” Nakagiri told the Free Press.

Ron Weiser, University of Michigan regent and elected state Republican Party chairman, told the Detroit Free Press that, while he did not want to mention names, he has spoken to some potential candidates for the position.

“We have to find a candidate for the Senate,” Weiser said. “Hopefully, someone will step forward.”

Many members of the party have been looking at less conventional candidates in an effort to replicate the Trump candidacy, which they believe has been effective.

“We’ve won pretty much everything else,” said Stu Standler, Republican consultant, to the Detroit Free Press. “This is something that’s eluded Republicans since 1994, and we want to win it back.”