Michigan residents signed a lawsuit filed by a federal court in Virginia seeking to block the enforcement of President Donald Trump’s executive order signed on Friday, according to the Detroit Free Press.

The executive order, which bans immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries, has sparked protests in airports across the United States, including a rally at Detroit Metropolitan Airport on Sunday. Along with banning entrance to the United States for Syrians and those from other Muslim nations, the order enacts what Trump described as “extreme vetting.”

One of the plaintiffs of the lawsuit is a Muslim currently living in Wayne County who cannot return home due to the likelihood of being denied re-entry to the United States, despite possession of a student visa. Another Wayne County plaintiff with a pending application for resident authorization worries she will be denied the right to lawfully remain in the United States.

Dawud Walid, the executive director of the Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said his organization has been ready to file this lawsuit following Trump’s anti-Muslim rhetoric on the campaign trail.

“We were planning on filing it because we knew that Trump had a promise that he planned to ban Muslims from America,” Walid said. “What Trump has put into effect is something unprecedented in modern American history — he signed an order to exclude one religion and give preference to another.”

The lawsuit cites the situations of the plaintiffs following Trump’s order, many of whom are students, lawful permanent residents and in the process of filing for citizenship. Some plaintiffs will be unable to obtain visas for their spouses to enter the United States, while others face potential torture or execution in Syria should they be unable to re-enter the United States after leaving. Because of the drastic nature of the ban, the lawsuit refers to the action as the “Muslim Exclusion Order.”

“The vulgar animosity that accounts for the existence of Executive Order entitled ‘Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals’ … issued the same day of this action, is plain to see, and the absence of the words Islam or Muslim does nothing to obscure it,” the suit states.

The executive order poses constitutional questions and has prompted some judges to halt its enforcement, including a New York judge who honored a request from the American Civil Liberties Union to stop deportations.

Despite these judicial actions and nationwide protests, Walid said Trump is unlikely to be moved by the nationwide concern.

“I think he will continue to disregard the Constitution of the United States,” Walid said. “Since his inauguration speech, he has not been truly respecting the law of the Constitution. There is no reason to believe that he will listen to the protesters.”