Becca Mahon/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan Medicine is opening COVID-19 vaccine appointments to all Michigan residents aged 16 or older for the first time in the pandemic. This announcement follows Michigan Medicine’s latest milestone: offering appointments to all students and faculty not yet vaccinated. To be eligible to receive a vaccine, U-M community members must fill out the ‘BlueQueue’, a survey which tracks vaccination eligibility and schedules appointments. 

This week, Michigan Medicine received an influx of vaccine doses from the state of Michigan, allowing for 10,000 new first-dose appointments.

On Friday, April 23, first-dose walk-in appointments are being offered at Michigan Stadium from 10 A.M to 4 P.M. In addition to Michigan Stadium, Michigan Medicine will have vaccination clinics at the Brighton Health Center, the Michigan Athletics Indoor Training Facility and the Meijer Pharmacy at 3145 Ann Arbor-Saline Road. According to the University Record, all Michigan Medicine clinics will be offering the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, both of which require two doses.

Dana Habers, co-lead of the COVID-19 Vaccination and Therapeutics Task Force, expressed excitement to the Record for opening appointments to the public and the increased number of vaccines Michigan Medicine received. 

“We have hit another significant milestone in our journey to vaccinate our community against COVID-19 and come one step closer to ending this pandemic,” Habers said.

Additionally, Habers encouraged community members who have not yet been vaccinated to register for an appointment as soon as possible. 

“Please don’t wait one more day,” Habers said. “Make a plan to get your shot and protect yourself and your loved ones.”

Students and faculty can sign up to get more information or register for a vaccine appointment on the Maize and Blueprint’s vaccine page.  

Summer Managing News Editors Christian Juliano & Shannon Stocking can be reached at julianoc@umich.edu & sstockin@umich.edu