Matthew Vlasic, one of four former fraternity members charged in connection with damages inflicted on a Northern Michigan ski resort, was sentenced Monday to two years of probation, 100 hours of community service and a $5,000 fine, according to Otsego County Prosecutor Michael Rola.

Vlasic, former member of the University’s chapter of the Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity and a University alum, pleaded guilty in July to malicious destruction of property totaling more than $200, but less than $1,000. He was initially charged with a more serious, felony malicious destruction of property charge, but the judge later reduced the charge to a misdemeanor.

Vlasic is prohibited from using drugs and alcohol while on probation, and is subject to random testing.

Vlasic was one of 270 SAM fraternity and Sigma Delta Tau sorority members from the University who attended the January ski trip at the Treetops Resort in Gaylord. Chapter members reportedly caused more than $400,000 in damages during their stay.

Business juniors Joshua Kaplan and Zachary Levin, former president and treasurer of the disbanded fraternity, respectively, are scheduled to appear in court Thursday to file a plea agreement. University alum Jesse Krumholz, the fourth SAM member to receive criminal charges, pleaded guilty to malicious destruction of property less than $200 in July. He will be sentenced October 5.

In March, the national SAM organization disbanded the University’s chapter, citing the failure of its members to fully cooperate in the investigation.

The Treetops Resort announced in June plans to sue the fraternity for hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.