On Friday, Gov. Rick Snyder (R) rejected recently released comments about touching women without consent made by Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, and stated Trump may affect the success of Republican candidates.

Snyder called the presidential election as a whole a “huge mess” and said Trump’s recent comments were “revolting and disgusting,” according to the Associated Press. On Thursday, following an event in Grand Rapids, Snyder also said Trump’s behavior “make it a more challenging environment” for Republican candidates. 

The comments come from a 2005 conversation with Billy Bush, who then worked for Access Hollywood, in which Trump said he could kiss or grope women without their consent due to his celebrity status. Following the release of the tape, several women have accused Trump of sexually assaulting them. Trump has denied these allegations.

Snyder was one of several Republican governors to decline to endorse Trump, and has consistently declined to comment about the nominee. 

Trump’s remarks have caused multiple Republicans to renounce their support for Trump, including in Michigan — earlier in the week, Lt. Gov. Brian Calley (R) revoked his endorsement of the candidate. However, many state Republicans have chosen to maintain their endorsements, including Attorney General Bill Schuette and Ronna Romney McDaniel, the state GOP party chair.