As the election season comes to a close, the University of Michigan’s chapters of College Democrats and College Republicans plan to encourage student voting through campaign events and watch parties of differing sizes.

The College Democrats are lauding a campus visit from President Barack Obama on Monday, where he will campaign for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

LSA junior Collin Kelly, chair of College Democrats, wrote in an email interview that he hopes Obama’s strong support in the community will encourage students to vote for Clinton the following day. In his last visit in 2014, Obama spoke to a crowd of more than 1,400 students at the Intramural Sports Building.

“We could not be more excited to have President Obama on campus,” he wrote. “If anyone can energize campus and help us rally volunteers to get out the vote, it’s President Obama. He is incredibly popular nationwide, and even more so by students. We think this rally is just what we need to carry the momentum of the entire campaign into Election Day.”

The College Democrats plan to host their own events including an election eve rally featuring Rep. Debbie Dingell (D–Mich.), current state Rep. Gretchen Driskell (D–Saline.) who is running for U.S. Rep., University Regent Larry Deitch (D–Bloomfield Hills) and state representative candidate Donna Lasinski.

On Election Day, the organization will also be working with the Clinton Ann Arbor coordinated campaign office to get out the student vote.

“We will be tabling on the Diag, canvassing student neighborhoods, and providing any other support we can to make sure students make their way to vote,” Kelly wrote.

College Democrats is not sponsoring any election watch parties Tuesday night, but is instead encouraging its members to join the Students for Hillary viewing.

On the other side of the aisle, College Republicans have also been working to encourage student electoral participation through smaller events connecting conservative students, according to LSA junior Enrique Zalamea, president of College Republicans.

“In these final days before the election, College Republicans at the University of Michigan have been energizing students by attending campaigning events such as last weekend where we met CR chapters from around Michigan while canvassing for Congressman Fred Upton and State Representative Brandt Iden,” he wrote in an email interview with the Daily.

During Election Day on Tuesday, Zalamea wrote that College Republicans plan to assist Chairman Ronna Romney McDaniel, chairman of the Michigan Republican Party, and senior MIGOP staff at the Michigan Republican Party Headquarters in Lansing. In the evening they will be hosting a private viewing party for their members while encouraging other students to attend the public watch party hosted by Fox News. 

Correction: Due to misinformation from a source, an earlier version of this article incorrectly stated Young Americans for Freedom are hosting a watch party. The watch party is hosted by Fox News.