Swiping right on that potential suitor is becoming more common among American adults, according to a new Pew Research Center survey.

The national survey of over two thousand adults found about 15% of American adults report using online and/or mobile dating sites, compared to 11% in early 2013.

A large part of this spike in online dating is connected to the increase in dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, Grindr and Zoosk, especially with high smartphone use among young people.

This overall increase is particularly distinguishable in two age groups: 18- to 24- year olds and 55- to 64- year olds.

In early 2013, only about 10% of the first age group reported having used online dating; today, the number has nearly tripled to 27%.

The number of users is growing across the range of American adults. The proportion of 55- to 64 year olds who use online dating has doubled from 6% in 2013 to 12% in 2015.

https://twitter.com/yungdrakefan420/status/523679442707959808

The study also looked into whether the outcome of online dating sites is the stereotypical one-night-stand or if they truly create relationships. 29% of respondents reported they know someone who has married or entered into a long-term partnership with someone they met via online dating.

The survey also said college graduates and users from middle-to-high-income populations are more likely to know people who have entered into a long-term relationship that began online. Nearly half of the college graduates know someone who has entered into a long-term partnership or marriage with someone they met via online dating.

Data also showed digital dating has received mostly positive reviews; a majority of users agree that it is advantageous over other ways of meeting potential partners. 80%  said that online dating is a good way to meet people; more than 60%  say that it allows people to find a better match and is much more efficient and easier than other means.