The University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security responded to reports of a gas leak near West Quad and Munger residence halls early Monday morning, according to their Twitter.
The natural gas leak happened at a construction site at Thompson and Madison. As of 10 a.m., DTE is working to fix the leak. The Ann Arbor Fire Department has not detected unsafe air quality, and no evacuations are necessary.
Traffic around these streets is detoured — Thompson is closed between Jefferson and Packard, and Madison is closed between South State and Thompson. DPSS advised the community to avoid the area.
As of 10:55 a.m., DPSS spokesperson Melissa Overton said they have not evacuated anyone from the scene. She said DPSS does not yet know DTE’s estimated time of repair.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.