At their meeting on Monday, City Council members are slated to discuss relations with the University, Take Back the Night and TEDxUofM.

Resolution to Approve Riverside Park Parking Lot and Lease with the University of Michigan

The Ann Arbor City Council will consider a resolution that would allow the University to use city-owned land as a parking lot.

If the resolution is approved, the University will acquire the right to use 18 parking spaces located off Canal Street in Ann Arbor.

Eight votes are required for the approval of this resolution.

The University would be permitted to use the land for a duration of two years, from March 1, 2016 through Feb. 28, 2018 with the option of renewing the lease when it ends. During this time, the University would pay the city a yearly rental fee of $12,177 which is $676.50 per parking spot.

Each party would be responsible for its own liabilities and insurance as related to the property in question. No third party would be permitted to use or benefit from the land.

City Council has passed resolutions in the past renting parking lot spaces to the University. In 2014, the city passed a resolution allowing the University to rent parking lots off Fuller Road in Ann Arbor for a duration of two years with an option to renew at the end of this period.

Resolution to Approve Street Closings for the 2016 Take Back the Night Rally and March

A resolution for permission to close city streets on April 6, 2016 for the 38th annual Take Back the Night event.

Take Back the Night is a protest against sexual assault that aims to allows survivors and supporters to speak out against sexual violence and rape culture.

Each year, this event sees participation from University students and faculty as well as members of the Ann Arbor community.

If approved, the resolution will allow portions of South State Street, East Liberty Street, South Fourth Street, West William Street, Thompson Street and East Madison Street to be closed during the event.

Resolution to Approve Street Closings for the TEDxUofM Event

A second street closing resolution will be presented, asking for approval to shut down Washington Street between Thayer and Fletcher streets from 6 p.m. on March 31 to 6 p.m. on April 1, 2016.

The shutdown is for the 7th annual TEDxUofM conference. Last year’s conference drew a crowd of 1,700 people

The theme for this year’s conference has not yet been announced. In past years, themes have included “Constructive Interference,” “Against the Grain” and “Inform/Transform.”