Update: 9 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29

Ann Arbor Police have arrested a 25-year old Ypsilanti Township man suspected in Wednesday morning’s fatal hit-and-run. Authorities also recovered a vehicle in relation to the incident.

The investigation is ongoing and when completed will be submitted to the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office. Additional information is expected to be released Friday afternoon.

Update: 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29 

Police have released the name of a 26-year old man killed in a hit-and-run in Ann Arbor Wednesday morning.

Michael Anthony Curley, a resident of Pittsfield Township, was biking home from work when he was struck by a vehicle on Washtenaw Avenue near Brockman Boulevard according to Robert Pfannes, Ann Arbor Police Department Detective Lieutenant. 

The body was discovered by passerby Barry LaRue, a former Ypsilanti City Council member, around 2 a.m. Wednesday. 

LaRue told the Ann Arbor News was on his way home from a late shift as senior performance halls operation manager for the University when he discovered the man.

“I noticed something out of the corner of my eye,” LaRue said. “There was something and I saw a couple bare feet protruding from this object.”

Based on evidence at the scene, the police are searching for an older model Audi vehicle that had sustained damage to its the front end. Police believe both the bicyclist and the vehicle were headed east on Washtenaw Avenue when the collision occurred.

AAPD said Thursday that an investigation into the incident is ongoing.