This story has been updated.

A attack on the Ohio State University’s campus Monday morning has left at least nine victims injured. According to a statement from OSU police, a suspect, who was shot by campus police, ran victims over with a car and cut individuals with a butcher knife. Eight of those injured are stable, but one is in critical condition, according to the Associated Press.

The AP also stated that the shooter has been identified as OSU student Abdul Razak Ali Artan by the university’s public safety director Monica Moll. Artan was killed by Alan Horujko, a police officer at the university, after crashing his vehicle into pedestrians and attacking students with a knife.

A shelter in place on campus was lifted late Monday morning, after initial reports of an active shooter situation. Law enforcement officials are still conducting an investigation and campus sweep.

OSU police told media they did alo receive reports of shots fired in a campus building, although no reports of bullet wounds or injuries have been released. No deaths have been reported aside from a shooter, according to the AP.

OSU emergency management tweeted Monday morning alerting students about the situation, urging them to seek refuge and defend themselves if necessary. According to the tweet, a shooter was active in Watts Hall, OSU’s materials science and engineering building.

The “run, hide, fight” recommendation is part of standard active shooter protocol, advising students to evacuate if possible, get silently out of view or fight only if necessary.

Additional tweets from emergency management requested that students seek shelter in place and asked that students only contact police if they have new information.

University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security spokesperson Diane Brown said University police are aware of the situation and are continuing to patrol Ann Arbor carefully in the wake of OSU’s situation

“Our officers are aware of the situation and are diligent in their U-M patrols,” she said. “As always, we encourage anyone who sees something suspicious to call 911 right away.”

University spokesperson Rick Fitzgerald wrote in a statement that the University is glad the injured were attended to quickly and situation was handled.

“We followed closely the situation this morning on the Ohio State campus and we were heartened to learn that the injured are being treated and police quickly stopped the attack,” he wrote.

As the news spread Monday morning, many University of Michigan students, staff and units expressed support for OSU online.

LSA Dean Andrew Martin also tweeted in solidarity from his personal account.

This is a developing story.