Caris LeVert is back.

After missing the last 11 games, the senior guard will play in the Michigan men’s basketball team’s game against Purdue on Saturday.

LeVert has not played since the Wolverines’ Dec. 30 game at Illinois, in which he suffered an injury to his lower left leg. Prior to his injury, he was leading the team in scoring, pacing 17.6 points per game to go along with 5.4 rebounds and 5.2 assists per contest.

Sophomore guard Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman has replaced LeVert in the starting lineup and averaged 10 points per game during the 11-game stretch.

Michigan coach John Beilein has kept information about LeVert’s return close to home, disclosing little information about his progress or possible return date during the process.

“I want to be clear about something with Caris. Nothing is clear,” Beilein said Friday. “That’s what I want to be clear of. When I hear he’s cleared to play — he’s cleared to play when he feels 100 percent and I feel I am on board 100 percent. So let’s not go out there and try to just throw stuff out there. He will be cleared to play when he feels he’s good and I agree with him.”

LeVert’s return comes at a pivotal time for Michigan. The Wolverines (8-4 Big Ten, 18-7 overall) suffered two embarrassing losses at home last week to Indiana and Michigan State.

LeVert rejoining the rotation for Michigan could provide the boost it needs to compete with an 18th-ranked Boilermakers team. However, Beilein said last week that in his first game back, his minutes will be limited.

Last year, LeVert missed 14 games due to season-ending surgery he had on his left foot.

The senior was named to the preseason All-Big Ten team the past two seasons. In December, he was named to the Naismith Trophy watch list as a possible candidate of the National Player of the Year award.