Women's History Month

Anna Abrams signed a National Letter of Intent with the Michigan women’s gymnastics team in 2018 through Team IMPACT.

In observance of Women’s History Month, The Daily’s sports section is launching its third annual series aimed at telling the stories of female athletes, coaches and teams at the University from the perspective of the female sports writers on staff.

Maggie MacNeil has stayed relatively anonymous at Michigan despite her status of world champion.

Outside the pool, Maggie MacNeil keeps a fairly low profile, not boasting her status as one of the world’s top swimmers. Other than her block ‘M’ backpack all the athletes wear, she could be any other student. On campus, no one really knows who MacNeil is. She likes it that way.

.

In observance of Women’s History Month, The Daily’s sports section is launching its second annual series aimed at telling the stories of female athletes, coaches and teams at the University from the perspective of the female sports writers on staff.

Olivia Karas competes in her final season as a Wolverine after returning from injury.

In observance of Women’s History Month, The Daily’s sports section is launching its second annual series aimed at telling the stories of female athletes, coaches and teams at the University from the perspective of the female sports writers on staff. Daily Sports Editor Anna Marcus continues the series with this story.

In addition to being on the Michigan rowing team, Caroline Hendershot is also involved with WOLV TV.

Michigan's novice rowing team has turned many formally unfamiliar with the sport into Division I athletes -- and much more.

The current junior walked onto the novice team — for athletes that hadn’t been recruited to row — at the beginning of her freshman year. Like most of the novice rowers, she was a competitive athlete in another sport in high school. Byrd knew she couldn’t play volleyball, her first love, at a school like Michigan, but she still had an “itch to compete” after graduation. She wasn’t ready to give up being a student athlete.

Katelyn Mulcahy and Alexis Rankin served as co-Managing Photo Editors in 2018.

In observance of Women’s History Month, The Daily’s sports section is launching its second annual series aimed at telling the stories of female athletes, coaches and teams at the University from the perspective of the female sports photographers on staff. We continue the series with this story from the 2018 Managing Photo Editors Katelyn Mulcahy and Alexis Rankin.

Freshman Natalie Wojcik earned a perfect 10.000 this season for the Michigan Women's Gymnastics team.

In observance of Women’s History Month, The Daily’s sports section is launching its second annual series aimed at telling the stories of female athletes, coaches and teams at the University from the perspective of the female sports writers on staff. We continue the series with this story from Shira Zisholtz.

Junior outside hitter Sydney Wetterstrom helped found SASH, a support group for student-athlete survivors of sexual assault, along with gymnastics student assistant coach Sam Roy.

In late February, the two women co-founded Student Athlete Sexual Health. It’s a support group specifically for student-athletes that identify as sexual assault survivors or know someone who has been affected by it. Meetings are held on a bimonthly basis and provide a safe, confidential place for athletes to share their struggles, triumphs and support.

Daily Sports Writer Abby Snyder remembers a time when she was quizzed on her sports knowledge.

In observance of Women’s History Month, The Daily’s sports section is launching its second annual series aimed at telling the stories of female athletes, coaches and teams at the University from the perspective of the female sports writers on staff. We continue the series with this column from Daily Sports Writer Abby Snyder.